Sunday, January 23, 2011

Coming up for air

I know it's been a long time since I posted. I apologize. December was a hectic month. My daughter came home from college for 4 weeks, we moved to a new home, I had surgery -- again, and we took my daughter and 3 girlfriends toVegas to celebrate her 21st birthday. The move was crazy. All that packing just to unpack. We only moved about a quarter-mile, but it was still a major ordeal.
Then, the surgery, just 4 days after the move. A capsulectomy. It was supposed to be my nipple reconstruction, scheduled for Dec. 27 to get it in while the insurance was still covering 100 percent. No such luck.
My right breast had become hard as a rock, while the left was soft/normal. When I went to see my plastic surgeon, he said there was no way he could do the nipples until we fixed the breast. After a sonogram to determine whether it was fluid (it wasn't), the only other possibility was a buildup of scar tissue.
So, on Dec. 27 I underwent general anesthesia for the 4th time in 2010. The doctor went into the same incision, and according to him, had to scrape a lot of scar tissue out, more than he'd thought....it seems it's always a bigger job with me than anticipated.
Bless his heart, he put some type of medicine in the breast to keep the pain down. It wasn't that bad. A week of recovery, back to work a few days and then off to Vegas. I must be crazy. But we'd promised Lauren that since she was young.
And the girls had a blast! Who wouldn't at 21 in Vegas? Me, I tried my best to do as much as possible. But my strength wasn't completely back yet, though I think I did pretty well.
My legs and feet were killing me from all the packing, etc. but hey, I've been through worse. It was worth it to see the faces on those girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment