Sunday, October 16, 2011

Maybe God doesn't want me to have a tattoo...

OK. So I was supposed to get my first legitimate tattoos (micropigmentation) on Friday, Oct. 14th. Then my plastic surgeon's office called and moved it up to Oct. 7; Dr. Askren was going to be out of town on the 14th. Great. I was  looking forward to getting my breast reconstruction process finished up!

Friday, Oct. 7th: I worked from home, knowing I had to go in to the doctor and not knowing what to really expect. But the office called. You're not going to believe this, but their power was out. Hopefully, it would be back up soon. They'd call back. Not too much later, they called back. PG&E was estimating it could take up to 8 hours. They'd have to postpone. On Monday, they'd call with a new date and time.

Monday, Oct. 10: The doctor's office calls and reschedules for Nov. 16th. OK, I can manage that. I was hoping to have the tattoos in time for a family occasion on the East Coast the weekend of Nov. 11, but that obviously wasn't happening...they'd call me if they had any cancellations and could get me in sooner. No use sweating over it.

Thursday, Oct. 13: I get a message to call the doctor's office. I'm thinking, "Wow, maybe they had an earlier opening," so I'm excited when I call. But here's where God had to have stepped in. This kind of stuff doesn't happen to everyone, just to me. The scheduler apologizes, but she's going to have to change the November appointment. "To an earlier date, I ask?" "No," she says. "Unfortunately the machine that they use for the micropigmentation is broken and has to be sent out to be fixed." They're not sure when it will be back. I'm now scheduled for....December 14th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment